The side notes:
1. I’ve got some lovely ’60s finds that I’m so excited to add to the shop, this 1960’s Marks & Spencers baby doll nightgown being one of them. It’s like something straight out of the Valley of the Dolls set, isn’t it?
2. Those are ballet flats that I found buried away in my shoe closet, unworn till now. Can you believe it took me this long to wear them? They make me want to do pirouettes everywhere.
3. A 1970’s Southwestern print bag that sold this week. I captioned that photo Southwest meet Midwest that’s because it’s headed off to Ohio.
4. “Live like you will die tomorrow, dream like you will live forever” — James Dean
Although the photo isn’t from a James Dean movie, (it’s from a ’60s French film) when I saw it I felt like it resonated with Dean’s quote. The woman in the shot seems to be telling her lover to stop talking, as if saying, “Let’s live for this perfect moment, right now in each other’s arms, and hope we never have to let go.”
5. That’s a tattoo I got a few months ago. Oddly enough I did an instagram photo of the tattoo parlor the day I got it done, but never showed the tattoo. Go figure! Ah well, here it is folks!
6. Street art I came across while in Chelsea. I love how the community supports and encourages artists and creatives from all walks of life. You’ll find little kids painting at the High Line, next to Diane von Furstenburg probably designing her latest collection nearby, next to graffiti artists like Nick Walker, who created the artwork in the photo above.
7. The Cannes Film Festival opened last week. I thought I’d pay homage to the glitz and glamour of the event and wear as much bling as I possibly could in broad daylight.
8. Those lovely pink dresses are some of my latest finds to The Mod Collection. They’re already in the shop, so you can make them yours here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CutandChicVintage?section_id=10535192